- Best Motherboards for Hackintosh Build
- Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
A motherboard is one of the most important parts of a Hackintosh build. It needs to be compatible with the CPU, memory, storage, and graphics card.
It also needs to have the right ports and slots for all of your peripherals. The best motherboard for Hackintosh will depend on your budget and what you need from your computer.
Best Motherboards for Hackintosh Build
This ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) gaming motherboard is for gamers who demand the very best. But for Hackintosh build too, this is a great motherboard.
1. Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 support: The ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Gaming Motherboard supports dual M.2 drives and USB 3.1 Gen 2 for faster data transfer speeds. This is ideal for gamers who want to take advantage of the fastest storage devices available.
2. On-board 802.11AC Wi-Fi: Another point is that this motherboard comes with on-board 802.11AC Wi-Fi, which is the latest standard in wireless networking. This means that you’ll be able to connect to the internet at speeds up to three times faster than previous generations of Wi-Fi.
3. ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability: The ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Gaming Motherboard features ASUS Optimum II, which is a special technology that provides better stability when overclocking your DRAM. This is especially important for gamers who want to get the most out of their system’s performance.
4. Aura Sync RGB lighting with addressable headers: This motherboard comes with Aura Sync RGB lighting, which allows you to customize the look of your system with millions of different colors. You can also use the addressable headers to add even more customization options.
5. Pre-mounted I/O shield: The ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Gaming Motherboard comes with a pre-mounted I/O shield, which protects your connectors from damage when installing or removing your motherboard. This is a valuable feature for gamers who want to keep their system looking its best.
Final Words & Review
Overall, I think this motherboard is perfect for your Hackintosh builds as it has the required chipset and high-performance specifications.
1. Intel Core processors support: The GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA is a Hackintosh compatible motherboard that supports Intel Core processors. This means that you can use this board to build a Hackintosh computer with any compatible Intel processor.
2. Dual channel DDR4 memory: It has two DDR4 slots, which allows you to install up to 32GB of RAM in your Hackintosh. This is enough memory for even the most demanding tasks and ensures that your Hackintosh will be able to handle anything you throw at it.
3. Onboard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: The GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA come with onboard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, which means that you’ll be able to connect wirelessly to the internet and other devices without having to add any additional hardware. This is a great feature for those who want a clean and tidy setup.
4. RGB Fusion lighting: This motherboard features RGB Fusion lighting, which allows you to customize the look of your Hackintosh with LED lights. With this feature, you can choose from a variety of colors and effects to make your Hackintosh truly unique.
5. Intel Gigabit LAN: The GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA comes with an Intel Gigabit LAN port, which gives you high-speed wired networking. This is perfect for gaming or streaming video, as it ensures that you’ll have a fast and reliable connection.
Final Words & Review
If you’re looking for a Hackintosh-compatible motherboard that has all the bells and whistles, then look no further than the GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA. This board has everything you need to build a powerful Hackintosh PC.
3. Gigabyte Z390 Designare
Gigabyte’s Z390 Designare is a top-of-the-line motherboard that offers Hackintosh compatibility for those looking to build a do-it-yourself Mac. The board supports 9th and 8th generation Intel Core
1. Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 4 DIMMs
The Z390 Designare motherboard comes with 4 DIMM slots for DDR4 memory, supporting up to 64GB of total capacity. The memory is arranged in a dual channel configuration and is non-ECC unbuffered. This means that the memory can run at higher speeds and is more reliable than ECC memory.
2. 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
The Z390 Designare uses a 12+1 phase digital power delivery system to provide clean and stable power to the CPU. The power phases are controlled by an onboard DrMOS chip, which helps to improve efficiency and thermal performance.
3. Advanced thermal design with direct touch heat pipe
The Z390 Designare has an advanced thermal design that includes a direct touch heat pipe. The heat pipe helps to dissipate heat away from the CPU, keeping it cool even when under heavy load.
4. Intel Thunderbolt 3 – the USB-C that does it all
The Z390 Designare includes Intel’s Thunderbolt 3 technology, which is a high-speed interface that supports data transfer, video output, and charging. Thunderbolt 3 uses the new USB-C connector, which is reversible for easy connection.
5. Bluetooth 5
The Z390 Designare also features Bluetooth 5, the latest version of the wireless technology. Bluetooth 5 offers improved range and throughput over previous versions, making it ideal for connecting devices such as keyboards, mice, and headphones.
Pros & Cons
– Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 4 DIMMs
– 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
– Advanced thermal design with direct touch heat pipe
– Intel Thunderbolt 3
– the USB-C that does it all.Bluetooth
Final Words & Review
4. ASUS Motherboard (Prime Q270M-C/CSM)
ASUS is a world-renowned electronics company that produces some of the best motherboards on the market. The ASUS Motherboard (Prime Q270M-C/CSM) is one of their latest models, and it’s compatible with Hackintosh builds.
1. Dual M.2 Slots
The ASUS PRIME Q270M-C/CSM motherboard features dual M.2 slots, allowing you to install two M.2 drives for increased storage capacity and faster data transfer speeds. M.2 drives are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a more compact and efficient way to store data than traditional hard drives or SSDs.
This motherboard also supports Intel Optane Memory, which is a new type of high-speed storage that offers even faster data transfer speeds than M.2 drives.
2. Intel Optane Memory Compatibility
As mentioned above, the ASUS PRIME Q270M-C/CSM motherboard supports Intel Optane Memory. This is a new type of high-speed storage that offers even faster data transfer speeds than M.2 drives. Optane Memory uses 3D XPoint technology, which is up to 1000 times faster than traditional NAND flash memory. This makes it ideal for use in gaming PCs or other applications where speed is essential.
3. 5X Protection III
ASUS’s 5X Protection III technology includes hardware and software features that work together to safeguard your computer from technical issues, including power surges, voltage fluctuations, and overheating. These safeguards can help prevent costly repairs and downtime.
4. Commercial BIOS Kit
The ASUS PRIME Q270M-C/CSM motherboard comes with a commercial BIOS kit, which includes a UEFI BIOS that has been pre-loaded with optimized settings for businesses and organizations. This can save time and money by simplifying the process of setting up and configuring a new computer.
5. EZ Assembly Design
This motherboard features an EZ assembly design that makes it easy to connect and disconnect cables. This can save time when building or upgrading a computer, as you won’t need to fiddle with tiny connectors.
Pros & Cons
– Dual M.2 slots
– Intel Optane Memory compatibility
– ASUS Corporate Stable Model complimentary Advance Replacement
– 5X Protection III Hardware
– level safeguards
– Commercial BIOS kit includes tailored BIOS tools
Final Words & Review
The ASUS Q270M-C/CSM motherboard is a Hackintosh compatible motherboard that features dual M.2 slots and Intel Optane Memory compatibility.
5. MSI Z390-A PRO
Technology is changing every day and MSI is keeping up with the trend by offering state-of-the-art motherboards for their customers. This motherboard is recommended by experts in building a great Hackintosh PC.
This motherboard supports 8th and 9th generation Intel processors, providing excellent performance for gaming and other demanding workloads.
The board also features dual channel DDR4 memory support, allowing for higher memory speeds and increased stability. Additionally, the MSI Z390-A PRO includes Turbo M.2 for NVME SSDs, providing blazing fast storage speeds.
Finally, the Core boost technology ensures that your processor is getting the power it needs for optimal performance.
Pros & Cons
– Supports 8th and 9th generation processors
– Dual channel DDR4 support
– Maximizes performance for NVME SSDs
– Core boost technology
– Extended heatsink design
Final Words & Review
The MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151 is a great motherboard for Hackintosh computers. It has all the features you need to run macOS on your PC, and it’s also compatible with a wide range of other operating systems.
6. ASRock’s Z390 Phantom Gaming
ASRock’s Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC is a motherboard designed for use with 8th and 9th-generation Intel Core processors. The chipset used is the Intel Z390, which supports various features including IEEE 802.11a
The LGA1151 socket is compatible with a range of Intel processors, including the latest 8th and 9th generation models. This gives you a lot of flexibility when choosing a CPU for your Hackintosh build. The Intel Z390 chipset is also compatible with LGA1151 processors, so you can use a wide range of aftermarket coolers and other hardware.
Dual channel DDR4 memory slots:
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC motherboard has two DDR4 memory slots, which support up to 32GB of RAM. This is plenty of memory for most Hackintosh builds and will allow you to run a wide range of applications and games smoothly.
PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot:
This motherboard has a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot, which is perfect for installing a graphics card. This will give you the best possible performance for gaming or other demanding tasks.
Bluetooth 5.0 + High-speed class II:
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC motherboard comes with Bluetooth 5.0 + High-speed class II support. This means that you can connect wireless peripherals, such as keyboards and mice, to your Hackintosh build.
Pros & Cons
– LGA1151 supports 9th and 8th generation intel core processors
– Chipset: Intel Z390
– Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
– Memory: 2x DDR4 DIMM Slots Dual Channel, Non
– ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32GB
– Supports Bluetooth 5.0 + High-speed class II
– Slots: 1x PCI
– Express 3.0 x16 Slot
– SATA: 4x SATA3 Ports
Final Words & Review
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC is a Hackintosh compatible motherboard that supports the 9th and 8th generation of Intel processors. This board comes with a range of features that make it ideal for use with a Hackintosh.
7. GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi
Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi is a Hackintosh compatible motherboard that supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors.
1. Intel Core Processor Support
The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi motherboard supports 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors. The board has an LGA1151 socket and is compatible with Intel’s Optane Memory technology.
2. Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4
The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi motherboard supports dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 memory. This type of memory is designed for use withIntel Core processors. The board has four DIMM slots that can accommodate up to 64GB of DDR4 memory. The board also supports Intel Optane Memory technology.
3. Intel Optane Memory Ready
The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi motherboard is ready to use with Intel Optane Memory technology. This technology allows for faster data access and increased storage capacity. The board has two M.2 slots that support SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4 interfaces. The board also supports RAID 0 and RAID 1 configurations.
4. Advanced Thermal Design
The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi motherboard features an advanced thermal design. The board includes a heat sink that covers the CPU VRM area and two M.2 slots. The board also has a 4-pin fan connector and a USB 3.0 header. The board’s layout is designed for optimal airflow and cooling.
5. Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2×2 Wi-Fi
The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi motherboard includes onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2×2 Wi-Fi. This feature provides high-speed wireless connectivity. The board also includes a Bluetooth 5 module. The board’s wireless capabilities are compliant with the IEEE 802.11ac standard.
Final Words & Review
The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi is a great Hackintosh compatible motherboard that supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors.
Factors to Consider
The chipset is the heart of the motherboard and Hackintosh compatibility relies heavily on having proper drivers for all devices present on your system. Compare the chipsets present on each motherboard to see which one is best suited for your needs.
You don’t need to break the bank to get a great Hackintosh motherboard, but you’ll still want to find something that fits within your budget. Consider how much you’re willing to spend on other components as well before making your final decision.
3. Socket type
Your CPU will need to match the socket type present on the motherboard in order for it to be compatible. Make sure to check what kind of socket your CPU uses and compare it to the motherboards you’re considering.
4. Form factor
The form factor is important to consider when choosing a Hackintosh motherboard because it will dictate what kind of case you can use. The most common form factors are ATX and microATX, so make sure to choose accordingly.
The BIOS is responsible for booting up your computer and it needs to be properly configured in order for your Hackintosh to work correctly. Be sure to check for updates periodically and install them as needed.
6. Expansion slots
Expansion slots are necessary for adding additional components to your systems, such as graphics cards or sound cards. Make sure the motherboard you choose has enough expansion slots to accommodate any upgrades you might want to make in the future.
The best motherboard for Hackintosh comes down to personal preference and budget. If you’re looking for the best of the best, then the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula is the way to go.
It’s packed with features and has a top-of-the-line chipset. If you’re on a tight budget, then the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 is a great option. It doesn’t have quite as many bells and whistles as the Formula, but it’s still a great board that will get the job done.
Just a funny video:
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean by ‘Hackintosh Compatible Motherboard’?
A Hackintosh compatible motherboard is a regular PC motherboard with specific minor tweaks that allow it to work with a Mac OS. The most important thing to look for in a Hackintosh-compatible motherboard is compatibility with the CPU you want to use.
Most Hackintosh motherboards are based on Intel chipsets, so you’ll want to make sure your motherboard has an Intel chipset that’s compatible with the CPU you’ve chosen. You’ll also want to make sure the motherboard has plenty of RAM slots and expansion slots for any other hardware you might want to add.
Another important consideration is whether or not the motherboard supports EFI, which is required for a Hackintosh installation. Fortunately, most modern Hackintosh compatible motherboards do support EFI.
What is needed for a Hackintosh?
In order to build a Hackintosh, you will need a few different components.
Firstly, you will need a compatible motherboard.
Secondly, you will need a compatible CPU.
Thirdly, you will need a compatible CPU cooler.
Fourthly, you will need a compatible GPU.
Fifthly, you will need a compatible SSD.
Sixthly, you will need compatible RAM.
Seventhly, you will need a compatible WIFI card.
Eighthly, you will need a compatible power supply. Ninthly, and finally, you will need a compatible case. It’s as easy as 1-2-3, A-B-CPU!
What do you need for a Hackintosh?
To create a Hackintosh, you need a few things. First, you’ll need a compatible computer. Any Mac from 2006 or later will work, as well as any Intel-based PC from around the same time period.
Second, you’ll need a copy of macOS, which can be downloaded from the App Store. Finally, you’ll need some software to help create the Hackintosh, such as Unibeast or Clover Configurator.
Can you build a Hackintosh in 2022?
The best way to build a Hackintosh in 2022 is to use the New Way approach. This will bring you many benefits over the older Clover or Open core methods.
The New Way offers a number of advantages, including – Easy installation and configuration – Better compatibility with newer hardware – Increased stability and performance – Enhanced security features If you are thinking about building a Hackintosh in 2022, the New Way is definitely the way to go!
Can you go to jail for Hackintosh?
There is no official support for Hackintosh computers, and therefore users may experience issues with certain hardware or software not working correctly. However, because Hackintosh computers are not illegal, users will not be jailed for using them.
The Hackintosh community is a helpful resource for troubleshooting any problems that may arise. In general, Hackintosh laptops may have a few bugs and some hardware may not work smoothly, but overall they can be used successfully.
Is my PC compatible with Hackintosh?
It depends on the overall configuration. For a Hackintosh to work, you would need to use a motherboard that uses either the Intel Z370 or X299 chipset.