A motherboard is one of the most important parts of a computer, and it is also one of the most expensive. When it comes to choosing a motherboard, there are many factors to consider, such as price, performance, and features.
The AMD Ryzen 7 5800X is one of the best CPUs on the market, and it deserves a high-end motherboard that can take advantage of its potential. In this article, we will recommend the best motherboards for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X.
Top 5 Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- Best for Ryzen 7 5800X: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS MOTHERBOARD
- Another choice: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
- Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite
- MSI Meg X570 Unify Motherboard
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard
1. MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS MOTHERBOARD
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line gaming motherboard that won’t break the bank, then you’ll want to check out the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus. This board has all the features and amenities that any gamer will love!
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with...
- Supports ddr4 memory, up to 4400plus(oc) MHz
- Audio boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 software...
1. Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for the AM4 socket
The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard supports the latest 2nd and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen processors, as well as the new Radeon Vega graphics cards. This allows you to build a powerful gaming PC that can handle the most demanding games.
The AM4 socket is also compatible with the previous generation AMD CPUs, so you can upgrade your system without having to replace your motherboard.
2. Supports ddr4 memory up to 4400+(OC) MHz
This Motherboard supports DDR4 memory up to 4400+ (OC) MHz. This high-performance memory support ensures that your system can handle the most demanding games and applications.
With support for up to 64GB of memory, you’ll be able to install the largest and most demanding games without any problems.
3. Audio boost 4 technology with Nahimic 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard features Audio Boost 4 technology with Nahimic 3 software enhancement.
This provides an immersive sound experience that will make your games and movies come alive. With Nahimic 3, you’ll be able to enjoy realistic 7.1 surround sound, as well as virtual reality audio.
The Audio Boost 4 feature also includes a built-in headphone amplifier that will improve the sound quality of your headphones.
4. Frozr heatsink with patented fan design – propeller blade technology and double ball bearings
This Motherboard features a Frozr heatsink with a patented fan design. This helps to keep your system cool and quiet, even when under load.
The Frozr heatsink uses Propeller Blade technology and Double Ball Bearings to deliver superior cooling performance. Additionally, the Pre-installed IO Shielding protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment.
5. Pre-installed IO shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment
As mentioned above, the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard comes with pre-installed IO shielding. This grounding protection helps to prevent electrostatic discharge damage to the IO ports from the external environment.
The IO shield also adds a stylish look to your gaming rig and makes it easy to connect and disconnect cables.
Check this comparison of different motherboard brands.
Pros & Cons
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen
- Software enhancement for immersive experiences
- Installed IO shielding is grounded
The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard is a great choice for those looking to get the most out of their AMD Ryzen CPU.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) is a high-end motherboard that supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD...
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF...
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM...
2nd and 3rd gen AMD Ryzen support
The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) supports both 2nd and 3rd-generation AMD Ryzen processors. This is thanks to the AM4 socket which is compatible with a wide range of CPUs.
The board also features a robust power delivery system, consisting of an Active PCH Heatsink and VRM Heatsink. This ensures that your processor always has enough power, even when overclocking.
M.2 Drive and USB 3.2 Gen2 support
This Mobo comes with two M.2 drives, one SATA, and one PCIe 4.0. This gives you the option to install either high-speed storage or large-capacity storage, or both. The board also supports USB 3.2 Gen2, giving you fast data transfer speeds.
Active PCH heatsink and VRM heatsink
As mentioned before, the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) features an Active PCH Heatsink and VRM Heatsink. These work together to keep your processor cool, even when overclocking.
The Active PCH Heatsink helps to dissipate heat from the chipset, while the VRM Heatsink keeps the voltage regulator modules cool. This ensures that your processor always has enough power, even when under load.
Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet
This motherboard comes with Realtek’s L8200A Gigabit Ethernet controller. This provides you with a fast and reliable connection, perfect for online gaming or streaming HD video.
Intel 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO
This mobo comes with Intel’s 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO technology. This allows you to connect to wireless networks at up to 867Mbps, perfect for streaming HD video or gaming online.
Pros & Cons
- Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives USB 3.2 Gen2
- Enhanced power solution
- Comprehensive Cooling
- Next-Gen Connectivity
The ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus is a great motherboard for those looking to get the most out of their Ryzen 5000 series CPU.
A motherboard is the central nervous system of a computer. It is the largest and most important circuit board in a PC. Selecting the right motherboard like Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite is critical to ensuring the optimal performance of your computer.
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen...
- Dual channel ECC/ non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 12 phases digital VRM
1. 12 true phases digital VRM
The motherboard uses a 12-phase digital power delivery system to provide clean and stable power to the CPU. This ensures that the CPU stays cool and runs at peak performance.
2. Extended VRM Heatsink
The extended heatsink on the motherboard helps to dissipate heat away from the VRM area, keeping it cool and ensuring stable operation.
3. Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 & thermal guard
The motherboard supports dual NVMe SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration for maximum speed and capacity. The thermal guard prevents the SSDs from overheating, ensuring reliable operation.
4. Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
The motherboard is compatible with a wide range of AMD CPUs, including the latest 3rd generation of Ryzens. It also supports GPUs from the Vega series, providing great graphics performance.
You might like to check the Best Motherboards for Hackintosh.
5. Dual channel ECC/non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 4 DIMMs
The motherboard supports up to four DDR4 DIMMs in a dual-channel configuration. ECC memory is supported for error-correcting operations.
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen processors
- Dual Channel ECC/non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 4 DIMMs
- True 12 phases digital VRM
- Extended VRM Heatsink
- Dual ultrafast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 & thermal guard
Conclusion & Review
The Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite is a high-end motherboard that supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryze/Ryzen with...
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- Aluminum cover with extended heatsink: All-Metal...
1. Fast processors
The MSI Meg X570 Unify uses the latest and greatest processors from AMD. These processors offer amazing speed and performance, making this motherboard perfect for gaming or other high-end applications.
2. Lots of storage options
This motherboard has plenty of storage options, including SATA 6GB/s and M.2 slots. This means that you can install all of your favorite games and applications with ease.
3. Good ventilation and heat dissipation
This motherboard features excellent ventilation and heat dissipation, thanks to its large surface area and multiple fan headers. This ensures that your system will stay cool and perform at its best.
4. 5G gaming LAN
The MSI Meg X570 Unify also comes with a 5G gaming LAN port, which offers incredibly fast speeds for online gaming or other applications that require low latency.
5. Wi-Fi 6 solution
Finally, this motherboard comes with a Wi-Fi 6 solution, which is the latest and fastest standard for wireless networking. This allows you to connect to your home network or the internet with ease.
Pros & Cons
- Aluminum cover with extended heatsink for better heat dissipation
- PCIe 4.0 supports faster data speeds
- Onboard 2.5G LAN for faster internet speeds
- M.2 Shield froze for better protection of M.2 drives
MSI Meg X570 Unify Motherboard is a powerful and feature-rich motherboard that supports a wide range of processors and memory types.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard is the perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing...
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB...
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS...
1. The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard is designed to support the latest AMD AM4 socket CPUs and features PCIe 4.0 support for ultra-fast data transfers. The active PCH heatsink keeps the chipset running cool, while the MOS heatsink with an 8mm Heatpipe ensures optimum cooling for the power delivery subsystem.
2. The board also features dual onboard M.2 heatsinks to keep your SSDs running cool, even when under heavy load. In addition, the water pump plus header allows you to connect an external water cooling system to further improve cooling performance.
3. Overall, the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard is an excellent choice for those looking to build a high-end gaming PC. It offers great features and performance and is sure to please even the most demanding users.
Pros & Cons
- Supports PCIe 4.0
- Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Active PCH heatsink
- MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe
- Dual onboard M.2 heatsinks
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard is a top-of-the-line option that provides excellent features for AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0.
What to check before buying?
1. CPU socket type
The 5800X uses the AM4 socket, which is compatible with a range of chipsets.
The chipset is the heart of the motherboard and determines what features and capabilities the board has. For the 5800X, you’ll want a B550 or X570 chipset.
The size of the motherboard will determine how many expansion slots and other features it has. ATX is the largest size, followed by mATX and mini-ITX. Learn more about Form-Factors here.
4. Memory support
DDR4 is the standard for memory support on Ryzen CPUs. Make sure your motherboard can support up to 64GB of RAM.
5. Expansion slots
PCIe slots are used for graphics cards, while M.2 slots are used for SSDs. Check that your motherboard has enough of each type of slot for your needs.
Motherboards vary widely in price, so be sure to set a budget before you start shopping. You can find good options at any price point, so don’t feel like you have to spend a lot to get a great board.
The best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X is the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS as mentioned above. It has a stellar design and comes packed with features that will allow you to get the most out of your new CPU.
Commonly Asked Questions about Ryzen 7 5800X
Is Ryzen 7 5800X better than i7?
Assuming you are referring to the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X vs the Intel Core i7-10700, then yes, the 5800X is better.
It has a higher base clock speed and a higher boost clock speed. It also has more cores and threads. The 5800X also supports PCIe 4.0 while the 10700 does not.
Finally, the 5800X has a lower TDP than the 10700.
Is Ryzen 7 5800X high-end?
If you’re looking for a high-end CPU released this year, the Ryzen 7 5800X is a great option. It may have two fewer cores than the Core i9, but it’s Zen 3 architecture gives it a serious boost in performance
In fact, it’s one of the best value picks among high-end CPUs released recently.
Is Ryzen 7 5800X processor good?
The Ryzen 7 5800X is an excellent processor from AMD. Pricing aside, the 5800X offers a massive 23% uplift in gaming performance compared to previous-gen 8-core processors from AMD.
This makes it one of the fastest 8-core desktop CPUs on the market. The 5800X also offers excellent value for money, with a price tag of just $237.
Is Ryzen 7 5800X better than Intel i5-12600K?
The AMD Ryzen 7 5800X is a better CPU than the Intel i5-12600K. The Ryzen 7 5800X has 8 cores and 16 threads, while the i5-12600K only has 6 cores and 12 threads.
This gives the 5800X a significant advantage in multitasking and gaming. The 5800X also has a higher base clock speed and supports DDR4-3200MHz memory, while the i5-12600K only supports DDR4-2666MHz memory.
Overall, the Ryzen 7 5800X is a better choice for gamers and power users.
What is the Ryzen 7 5800X equivalent to?
The AMD Ryzen 7 5800X is a high-performance CPU that is roughly equivalent to the Intel Core i9-10900K in terms of overall PassMark score. However, the 5800X does have a few key advantages over its Intel counterpart.
First, the 5800X has more cores and threads than the 10900K, meaning it can handle more demanding tasks with ease.
Also, the 5800X has a higher base clock speed than the 10900K, meaning it will perform slightly better in most applications.
Finally, the 5800X comes with a built-in graphics card, which means it will be able to handle basic gaming and video playback without the need for a separate graphics card.
Thank you for reading this article till the end. I hope you got to know about some of the best motherboards for the Ryzen 7 5800X processor.
- What are Motherboard Standoffs? - December 7, 2023
- 7 Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 7600X - December 5, 2023
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Unlocked Desktop Processor Review - December 4, 2023